Friday, August 31, 2012

Decisions, decisions...

I know, I know...I promised to revise this layout by now.  Trust me, IT'S ON MY WEEKEND AGENDA...yes, I'm that boring.  I read my blog as one of you the other day.  SHEESH!  It's awful.  I can't see the links, and there's no way to share things....I really need to "get with the times".  So, painful as it may be from a Mac (shame on me for saying that and I'm so glad B doesn't read this), I'm going to force myself to fumble with it this weekend from the Mac and get up to speed and give you something new (*and pretty*) to look at.  In the meantime, I think I mentioned in a previous post (a couple of weeks ago) that I was thinking of new directions....well, I am.  I *intend* to leave this blog my Florida blog--I'm due for a trip down South in two weeks (lots of dancing in my seat right now).  But I want a new blog...one that focuses on....what to focus on?  I need your help, your opinion...

I'm very interested in a variety of topics, and many of you who know me, know that when I find something I like, I tend to throw myself into it for awhile, until something else peeks my interest.  Currently, those things are (in no particular order):

"Less is More"
      translation:  I'm learning and embodying a clean and organized lifestyle.  Nothing new, right?  But, I'm trying to learn to be more frugal and simple.  I figure after going for 14 months and counting of not working, frugality is becoming a) a necessity while maintaining payment for two homes and b) easier for both me and B.

Plants and my quest to become a master gardener
     Please note I'm not trying to gain any kind of endorsement in this statement.  Even if I weren't in a Master Gardener program, I'd be trying to become a master gardener.  I'd like to share the learnings with you.

Job hunting and networking 101
     I once thought I was good at this...I'm finding out, in an area where there are a ton of high paying jobs which I'm not qualified for, that I need some help.  Who doesn't?

Sustainability
    Don't get me started.  To me, this is a foreign concept here.  Time to change that, and hopefully educate you along the way

Saving money
    I suppose this goes hand in hand with "Less is More", but to me, it's a separate topic.  I have tried to be a grocery couponer!  But when you eat organic veggies and local produce and grass fed meat, and the occasional quinoa or whole wheat pasta side (heaven forbid I mention DeBoles pasta), I find it difficult to coupon.  I've learned a few other tricks and I'd love to share.

Learning to craft
     Just look at my pinboards on Pinterest...I *want* to learn to do everything.  I've yet to learn most of the things I've pinned, so why not hold myself accountable and try some and show you what I'm doing.

FOOD!!!
     I love food.  Let me say that again.  I love food.  As I drove to the grocery store to pick up our organic whole roaster chickens today for tomorrow's smoke fest at the Belue residence, I was starving for lunch!  Insanity has nothing to do with that!  NOT!  Anyhoo, yes, I texted B like 5 times from downstairs (to upstairs) about what to eat for lunch...got no reply.  So, I thought and thought and thought and hunger overcame creativity and I settled for a organic peanut butter/almond butter/banana sandwich on sprouted bread.  Have I lost my mind?  Quite possibly!  But it hit the spot, and 5 hours later, I'm still happy, but I also know I'm having roasted elephant garlic atop a nice grass fed filet tonite...and some yummy sauteed brussel sprouts.  MMMMM, I think everyone should be eating good whole food, and I was not long ago the queen of take-out and bleached pasta.  So, I'd like to share with you how to do this economically and quickly.  Yes, I've learned it's possible, especially if there's a glass of wine at the end.

So, my question to you...please, please, please answer...vote!  Should I do all, and rotate the days/subject.  Monday Menu, Tidy Tuesday, Who-do-ya-know Wednesday, etc or dedicate a month to one particular subject, or would you rather hear about just one, and which?

By the way, we all know what I'm doing this weekend...eating lots of chicken and learning to deal with my Mac/blog.  What fun is in your life?

No comments: