Saturday, November 21, 2009

Giving Thanks

Chance and I went to the beach today. I didn't stay as long as usual...it's becoming that time of year when life speeds up and the next 6 weeks will fly by, and in reality, it should be quite the opposite. It should be a time of introspection, reflection, and observation--a time to kick back and just breathe, to slow down. Yet, I suddenly see my time speeding up fast. So, unfortunately, I let that nag me while I was at the beach with Chance, and it won--I came home.

Good thing, though. I have a clean house and part of my Operations Management homework done. Still 2 more questions til I've completed that course. And there's lots to do for Organizational Behavior, but I enjoy it.

Anyhoo, yesterday, I had Thanksgiving potluck at work. Oh my, there was so much good food. I know every person in there had to eat until they were stuffed. So, I have to be thankful for that. I am thankful that I am one of those people who is fortunate enough to be able to eat at all.

I'm thankful for all of my friends who inspire me. It's amazing that I have friends all over the U.S., that still affect me somehow. You've all been part of what's made me who I am. I'm thankful for all of the opportunities I've had to meet so many different people throughout life.

Oh, and it seems petty, but I am thankful to have moved to Florida. I walked on the beach in shorts and my bikini today, and was hot. I sat outside and drank my coffee this morning in shorts and a t-shirt and was pleasant, no chill, not hot, not humid. It was perfect. And it's late November.

What I am not thankful for, is that I have to travel to Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio in December. Along with a week long vacation to home, finals coming up, and a trip to Disney...my New Year will be here before I know it. And I am thankful for that. I think 2010 is going to be a great year!

Well, my friends and family: I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, whether you are here or on the West Coast, or up the East Coast, or in the Caribbean (lucky sucker), and I hope I bump into you in the next 10 weeks.

1 comment:

Dr. Wifey said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!