Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Counting Down...

Today, I began week 6 of the 5K training schedule. By Sunday, I will be 67% complete. Monday's 20 minute run was a breeze compared to today's 5, 8, 5 minute intervals. Not sure why, but I stepped up my pace a bit, and it was humid, and for some reason, my sinuses are gross today. Think it's a slight weather progression into fall, and my body notices it more that I conscientiously do. Anyhoo, I've been running for a month, and since today is the first (and I like to start things on the 1st), I am going to be tracking my measurements as I begin weight training again.

Weight: 145.5 lbs
Biceps: 11"
Forearm: 10"
Chest: 30.5"
Waist: 32" -- how embarassing!!
Hips: 38" --these were always 41" so I am impressed and only beginning
Thigh: 22" at the fatest part
Calf: 14"

Note to self and readers: my weight usually fluctuates by roughly 3-5 pounds per month, maxing out at 148. For the past month, it held constant at 148, not sure why, but I was pleased that it maintained some constancy.

Next measurement date: Wednesday, October 29

Oh, and the 5K is 17 days away...no, I will not have completed the 9 weeks of training but close enough that I think I will be ready. And my realtor and her chemistry hubby (whom I owe much gratitude to both) are hosting a pig roast that day. I haven't been to one since high school...and I absolutely love this couple. They are both very interesting, and so outgoing. I think it will be great, and a great way to celebrate my first 5K ever!!

No comments: