Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Verizon and Automation

Here we go again. Verizon has got the best product. FIOS rules, and internet is so fast 99% of the time, you can't click fast as a page can load. However, they like Bank of America have the suckiest customer service system on earth!!! I HATE AUTOMATED PHONE SYSTEMS!!! However, I have forced DH to deal with the issue at hand with them, and he has held the phone on hold for 1 hour each day for the past 2 days. Finally, today, with my OCD and lack of patience when dealing with balancing my precious budget (do you hear this Congress---I can balance a budget....in a timely manner), I called Verizon. Went through the BS of getting an operator...and before any of you comment on how you just press 0.--that's great when it works, but when it doesn't, sometimes you have to go through the prompts. I can give you a website if you'd like of how to get through several companies prompts promptly if you'd like.

Ok, so, within 10 minutes of being on the phone with live voices and they were all AMERICANS (Thank GOD!!!), I had told my story 5 times. Finally, some guy set the account up for me...why can their blasted website be this efficient? I don't know. But score for me.

I phoned DH and let him know I had taken care of the Verizon account access issue. Amazed, he wanted my secret. Should I tell him? I don't think so. I'm happy. I can view my bill. However, I am somehow signed up on automatic billpay and you have to phone C.S. to change this...note that you can sign up online but you can't sign down (or un-enroll) online. How convenient. I don't embrace automatic payments for anything other than my mortgage and those accounts that give me incentives like reduced rates on student loans, thank you Sallie Mae--you owe it to me. But for now, just so I don't have to make another lousy C.S. phone call then rant about it on this blog, I'll embrace Verizon's automatic bill pay. Who knows? Maybe they'll convert me to a person who likes all my money ripped out of my account without my clicking the button. I doubt it.

No comments: